The creative industries are a growing economic force across the world, yet many countries have so far only made tentative efforts to ‘map’ (or measure) them. The British Council wanted a practical accessible guide to thinking through such a process.
What we did
- Drew on a mix of literature review, case studies and our own practical experience of running such projects to write the report
- Set out the practicalities of such a mapping exercise – from assessing the quality of statistics available locally, to building political support for the project – in an accessible way, including summarising the ‘seven steps’ to think about.
How our client benefits
- Report distributed to British Council offices worldwide, and translated into Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, Polish and Latvian
- The Council’s creative economy programme is an important strand of its work – this report provides support to that programme
- British Council has a practical, accessible guide to offer people in a field in which Britain has a strong reputation.