The Role of a Researcher at BOP
A Researcher at BOP is responsible for conducting research and analysis, and communicating it clearly in reports and slide decks. Every Researcher works within multiple project teams and so has to coordinate and plan their own workload, working with their Manager.
As a researcher you will be expected to:
- Research and consultancy tasks: undertake a range of tasks supporting project teams across our portfolio of work (40%)
- Project management and administration (20%)
- Contribute to business development (10%)
- Translation (Mandarin to English and English to Mandarin) (30%)
- 1+ years’ work experience – either in a consultancy business, research organisation, or a BOP client area
- Strong writing skills (you must be able to write concise business English and Mandarin)
- Strong research, analysis and critical reasoning skills (including ability to use Excel for analysis and creating charts)
- For non-native English speakers, at least TOEFL score 25 or IELTS score 7 per category, or a degree level qualification studied full time in English, completed in the last 2 years
- For non-native Mandarin speakers, HSK Level 6 or a degree level qualification in Mandarin Chinese completed in the last 2 years
Applying for the role
- If you have any questions or to organise a discussion with one of our team about the role and working at BOP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply, please submit a one-page cover letter and short CV to email@example.com by 09.00 on Monday 17 December.
- In your application, please be sure to set out clearly and succinctly how you meet the requirements above.
The job description is here.
We are also recruiting for a Researcher with a more general focus. See details here.